Mon., Feb. 4, 2013 10:45 AM PST
Beyoncé won the Super Bowl. She sang live (scatted live and even yodeled a little live) just like she said she would. Her smize was out of control. She danced her leotarded ass off. And she put those other two children of Destiny in their place (more on that in a minute).
To relive the Best. Super Bowl. Halftime Show. Ever. we've rounded up our 13 favorite moments for the set:
1. What's better than one Beyoncé? Two Beyoncés!
And yeah, the entire stage was shaped like her head. When's the last time your fave had a stage shaped like their head?!
2. What's better than two Beyoncés? Two Beyoncés and a giant fire Beyoncé too!
3. That moment when you knew it was on.
Do the Naomi Campbell walk, Naomi Campbell walk, walk across the room like Naomi Campbell...
4. When Beyoncé made this face.
5. And this face.
6. And then did this.
7. And walked like this.
8. Sorry, 100+ backup dancers, but the best Beyoncé backup dancer is Beyoncé.
(Side note: What's better than one Beyoncé? Seven Beyoncés!)
9. When Michelle Williams popped up like this.
And you kind of thought she was going to fall, but she didn't. And then you kind of wished she had fallen because she gave that one interview where she said she wasn't going to perform during the halftime show and yet here she is. Pop right back down that hole, Michelle, and back to Fela!
10. When the second best Beyoncé backup dancers were...Destiny's Child.
Yes, Beyoncé literally had Michelle and Kelly Rowland doing the backup dancer part of "Single Ladies." And we were gagging. And if that wasn't a big enough power play (possibly, maybe), their mics were about at half volume (possibly, maybe).
It really is a Beyoncé world and they're just living in it.
11. And then when Beyoncé kicked them offstage and showed us how to really dance "Single Ladies."
12. And we were all just...
13. But actually we were more like this kid.