WINONA, Miss. (AP) - Authorities are investigating a fire that damaged the gym at Winona Christian School.
WTVA TV reports (http://bit.ly/RRZxKb ) Monday's fire has caused school officials to cancel classes Tuesday.
Headmaster Cameron Wright says a handful of children were in the gym when the fire started. He says they got out safely.
Wright says the fire burned the roof, walls and floor of the gym and left behind smoke damage to the bleachers and stage.
He says the fire may have been caused by an electrical problem in a wall.
Classes are expected to resume Wednesday.
Information from: WTVA-TV, http://www.wtva.com
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.